Sunday, January 20, 2013

My "Emerald Green Dress" is In Jade! :) שמלת "האמרלד" שלי היא בצבע ירקן


Just a quick post to let you know about my progress. I finished the dress- on the outside, still have the lining, facings and hemming to do. Sorry for the dark-ish photos, that's all the romantic lighting we have at home.. The process was lots of fun, very creatively freeing so to speak. Pattern making is so much fun, much more appealing to me than following a ready pattern.. Some people are just bad at following orders..:) 
Thanks to Zoe from So, Zo, What Do You Know I now know that the tone of green I am using for this version is called Jade and what do you know - it is also from a jewel family. I love jewel tones, on me or in my apartment  and after having made a little research I came to a conclusion that athese are the most flattering tones for brunettes, b. these colors hug the female curves in a most seducing way (that is my re-framing for the usual "slimming" verb, which I in my opinion is a part of a misogynistic discourse)  , and c. they work best with the clean line designs I love most.

So having found out this Jade too is a jewel tone, I now feel less guilty for not making it in emerald  (I ran out of fabric I was planning for. actually, not true I didn't buy enough. one of those rare moments of trying to save.. never works for me.) In this cotton version I decided to let go of the fishtail godet, it was too stiff, and left a nice back slit. 

But enough with the spoilers! Have a great week and I'll "see" you soon. Don't be surprised to see another post from me during the day, I have a few drafts laying around, which I think reached their time to see the world.


פוסט מהיר, רק לעדכן אתכן על בהתקדמותי. סיימתי את השמלה "מבחוץ", נשאר עדיין לטפל בבטנה, עיבודים ומכפלות. (מצטערת על התמונות הקצת כהות, זו כל התאורה הרומנטית שיש לנו בבית ..)
התהליך הפעם היה ממש כיפי, יצירתי ומשחרר. למרות שיש לי אוסף נאה של גזרות מוכנות בבית, אני תמיד נהנית יותר להתחיל מרעיון ו"ליצוק" אותו לחומר, מאשר לעבוד על גזרה מוכנה הדרשת מעקב אחר הוראות בלבד. אבל זו אני.. לטוב ולרע.
הודות לזואי, מ-So, Zo, What Do You Know, אני יודעת עכשיו שהטון של ירוק שאני השתמשתי לגרסה זו נקרא באנגלית ג'ייד (ירקן בעברית) ואתן יודעות מה, גם הוא שייך למשפחת צבעי אבני החן (aka jewel tones). מצאתי שאלו הם הצבעים שאני באופן טבעי נמשכת אליהם הכי הרבה ו"הפתעה גדולה" הם גם המחמיאים לי ביותר. מחקירה קטנה של הנושא גיליתי שמדובר בצבעים שטובים עם הברונטיות, הנראות הכי טוב עטופות בגווני אבני חן.. אני אוהבת את הרעיון , אתן בטח יכולות להבין.גם אמרלד הוא צבע של אבן חן שבעברית נקראת - ברקת, והיא יקרה אף יותר מיהלום.
מעבר להטבה עם הברונטיות, מדובר בצבעים המחמיאים ביותר לגוף הנשי ולקימוריו (אם את אישה עם היקפים נדיבים ואינך רוצה להסתתר עד סוף ימי חייך מאחורי שחור, תעשי חיפוש מהיר לjewel tones בגוגל ולכי לבחור לך שמלה באחד מהם). 
ומעבר להכול, הצבעים האלה פשוט נראים הכי טוב עם העיצוב הנקי שאני אוהבת. 

בקיצור עכשיו אני מרגישה קצת יותר טוב עם הבחירה של הבד, שהחליף ברגע האחרון את ירוק הברקת, אשר הסתבר כי לוקה בחסר בערך במטר.. (כן, קצת כעסתי על עצמי אפשר להגיד.. קניתי מעט מדי בד באחת הפעמים הבודדות האלה שהחלטתי להיות חסכנית. אף פעם לא עבד בשבילי) בגרסת הכותנה הזו החלטתי בסוף לוותר על הגודה- זנב הדג החמוד, כי הוא היה קצת נוקשה מדי, והשארתי שסע נדיב. אבל מספיק עם ספוילרים! שבוע טוב ואני "אראה" אתכן בקרוב. אל תבהלו אם פתאום תראו עוד פוסט ממני במהלך היום, יש לי כמה דברים כמעט מוכנים במגירה שהגיע זמנם. 



I think of keeping the length of the sleeves, what do you think?
אני שוקלת להשאיר את האורך של השרוולים ככה, מה אתן אומרות

 dog rug at  15:00 שטיח כלב בשעה   


הנעליים הן וינטאג' -מאימא! החנות הטובה בעולם:)

shoes are vintage pumps- Mom's ! the greatest of shops :)


We have elections in two days, very nervous times in my country..
It only seems all I care about is sewing, I am deep into politics.. unfortunately.  Wish my ignorance back sometimes:)


בחירות בעוד יומיים.. יש פה מי שיש לה זכות הצבעה ואינה מתכוונת להשתמש בה? 

hugs
חיבוקים 

13 comments:

  1. נראה מבטיח, מחכה לראות את התוצאה הסופית :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. אז ההבדל הוא שג'ייד נוטה יותר לטורקיזיות?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. אני חושבת שהנקודה היא שיש המון גוונים, שאנחנו מצמצמם את כולם בשני השמות היחידים שאנו מכירים-ירוק וטורקיז. טורקיז הוא גם אבן חן, ונדמה לי שהוא יותר בהיר וירקן (ג'ייד) עשיר ועמוק יותר.
      תראי כמה גוונים קיימים - http://www.strawberryfayre.co.uk/products-page/plain-fabrics/jade-turquoise-french-green/

      Delete
    2. וואו. מהפנט קצת :) אני חושבת שהאהוב עליי הוא המלארד הכהה.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, is this based on the Jill Sander Emerald dress from a few seasons ago? Love it! Did you use the Wiggle pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, yes it is.. Now if you guessed alone, I must on the right track!:) I am using my own pattern, and changing it a bit for this specific design. I will post on that later this week.

      Delete
  4. Ha, scrolled down, read the previous post and answered nearly all my own questions! I've never seen the back of that dress before, how bizarre with the extremely low cut back and high slit. No wonder none of the fashion mags shot it from that angle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I really like that sleeve length with the slim skirt. Can't wait to see more pics! Lara xxx ps amazing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lara! I also strangely love the length of this skirt. It feels different, and very feminine. I'll be posting the finished product later this week.. Have a great one!

      Delete
  6. וואו ממש יפה! כל הכבוד שעשית את זה לבד!
    שאלה- איפה את קונה אורגנזה משי? או בכלל בגדים "יותר איכותיים"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. בארץ- ב"פמינה".זו החנות ממתקים שלי

      Delete
    2. מגניב! טווח המחירים סביר?

      Delete
    3. יש להם הנחה למעצבים וסטודנטים לאופנה.

      Delete

תודה לכל המגיבים :) I love reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...